August 22, 2023 - 9:00 am
August 22, 2023 - 1:00 pm
AddressOnline View map
Course Description: Participants not only learn about toxic stress and trauma and how these impact the brains and bodies of individuals, but they also learn and practice tangible skills for working with persons impacted by direct and vicarious trauma. They also are engaged in a thinking process on how to implement healing-centered practices within their organization. Learning Objectives:
- Participants will be able to list the 10 Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and explain how they impact brain development and alter emotional response.
- Participants will be able to explain how the human stress response works and how toxic stress changes a person’s worldview.
- Participants will be able to list 5 risk factors that can lead to vicarious trauma and 5 symptoms related to the onset of vicarious trauma.
- Participants will be able to explain how to build emotional safety through brain-based reflective listening. Please note: You must have a working webcam and microphone to participate in this training. You can not participate from a moving vehicle.
- 3.5 ACT 58 CEUs available
Space is Limited. This training will be open to the first 20 people who register.
Deadline to Register: August 8th