November 1, 2023 - 9:00 am
November 2, 2023 - 4:00 pm
AddressOnline View map
CategoriesCapacity Building , Trainings
HIV Testing in Clinical Settings is a Seven-Step Protocol training reflective of the scientific
advances and evidence informed updates outlined in CDC’s 2016 guidance. Key influences
on this curriculum have been shifts in HIV prevention, care, treatment, and the policies
that followed, emphasis on serostatus specific referral and active linkage.
Which HIV Testing Training Should I Attend?
When deciding between the HIV Testing in Nonclinical Settings or the HIV Testing in Clinical Settings trainings:
- This training, HIV Testing for Clinical Settings, is for those individuals who are doing lab-based testing only.
- If you do any rapid HIV testing, please take our other training, HIV Testing in Nonclinical Settings.
Prerequisite: Link sent with confirmation letter prior to training
▪ Utilize communication techniques to successfully build client rapport
▪ Incorporate window period summary in client focused re-testing messaging where both rapid and nonrapid testing offered
▪ Integrate the HIV Seven-Step Protocol into the HIV antibody testing process
▪ Improve the ability to link clients living with or at high risk for HIV into care and prevention services
▪ Define Program Collaboration Service Integration of viral hepatitis, STIs, and TB into offered screening services.
9.75 (pending) Nursing & Social Work CEUs Available
Registration deadline: April 26