Training opens at 9:15am and conclude by 4:00pm
Interactive training designed to introduce and explore how to integrate basic principles and techniques of this evidence based client centered behavior change counseling approach into your client sessions;
includes: spirit of MI, change talk, core skills and processes, addressing ambivalence, and diffusing resistance to change.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- State the role of Motivational Interviewing in High Impact Prevention (HIP)
- Provide a basic definition of Motivational Interviewing
- Explain how the Transtheoretical Model and Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs relate to Motivational Interviewing
- Explain the “Spirit” of MI
- Utilize the four core skills of MI in conversation
- Identify basic Motivational Interviewing techniques and principles
- Use basic strategies to explore, amplify, and resolve ambivalence to change.
- Recognize, elicit, and reinforce “Change Talk.”
- Begin the process of applying Motivational Interviewing into their work
9 Hours Nursing and Social Work CEUs Available
Registration deadline: August 31st